Vegas Life...

I work for Youth With A Mission located in the crazy city of Las Vegas. YWAM is an organization that trains and sends off missionaries to all parts of the world in countelss different ways. I am apart of the Mission Adventures staff here. Mission Adventures is a program that is designed to moblize the youth and introduce them to how God wants to move through them.

I am now the director of MA.

YWAM Las Vegas' main building now is called the Pier which is located in the poorest neighborhoods in Las Vegas; it is also where me and five other YWAM staff live. We are in this community to provide for the physical needs for the residents who live here as well as the spiritual needs.
http://www.ywamlasvegas.org/


Thursday, August 13, 2009

July 7 2009

July 7

Baa…..so we have had a few days of rest, tomorrow, we are getting back into some ministry, reaching out to our community, should be amazing and fruitful, if not, then we have a problem…right?.. ok so..I am kinda on the fence about joining staff here. Sam took me and Beth and Andrea to Starbooks today to talk about MA, our roles and the mobile tour and such. I would love to join in with YWAM Las Vegas and get to work with Sam, who is one of my closest friends now. If God gives me the go and I find funding…yeah totally, where there’s is God’s will there is the resources to do it, I know it..I am just stubborn. I have had a big heart for the nations the last couple of days, looking at the map and just thinking of all the weird named countries I want to go to. I picked up a book today that really captivated me called on the streets, about kids on the streets in Brazil. So far it is about a couple who did their DTS in Holland, they were Dutch, they did their outreach in Greece and felt God telling them to stay on this YWAM mercy ship. They go home, everyone tells them they are nuts, they do it anyways, even though, she is about to pop…with a baby, she has the baby.. and yeah they both have a heart for the kids on Brazil…but in order to get to that dream, they are going to prep for it on this boat, which hasn’t been sea worthy for a year, in fact they are about out of money and about ready to scrap the whole thing, the couple had to beg them to let them join, for no other reason that because God told them to, I want to live like that, beg people to let me do stuff, not because I so much want to do it, but because God told me to and He knows best. Man I am so glad that God knows what He is doing. Jesus forgives me for not believing that He can bring me through anything. I love it and I hate it, I definitely keep in shape just sweating through life…but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I was just talking to Rich from California and it was really good, he was asking about the people we had met on the streets. He has such a good heart. I told him that I was on a wall about the future; he asked me If I was still considering the youth pastor position at his church. I told him it was still an option, but I feel that I would be restricted too much and feel God leading me more towards full time missions...Maybe, still not certain, oh well, I will put it all on the line, when it comes time and I am not seeing God work, I will pray a bunch and fast…and He will come through, He always does…Remember that man….Rich wants to keep in touch with me just passing verses and prayer requests and what not. It is so good to meet people like that that truly want to help you and respect what you are doing. I love that…love love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment