Vegas Life...

I work for Youth With A Mission located in the crazy city of Las Vegas. YWAM is an organization that trains and sends off missionaries to all parts of the world in countelss different ways. I am apart of the Mission Adventures staff here. Mission Adventures is a program that is designed to moblize the youth and introduce them to how God wants to move through them.

I am now the director of MA.

YWAM Las Vegas' main building now is called the Pier which is located in the poorest neighborhoods in Las Vegas; it is also where me and five other YWAM staff live. We are in this community to provide for the physical needs for the residents who live here as well as the spiritual needs.
http://www.ywamlasvegas.org/


Thursday, March 11, 2010

rewards and gifts

so Rich was teaching on missions today and he said this thing that has totally resinated and stuck with me all day and it is cool because I have been thinking about this for like the last month. So he said that the more we do, the more blessings and rewards we get in heaven which I have heard allot and never fully understoon. Why is it right to work towards having rewards in heaven, we should serve God because He first loved us and because He is worthy, not to get rewards. But then he said the reason why we should do this is so that we can lay then down at Jesus'feet in heaven. How cool is it to come to the thown with a ton of rewards that he has given you and then to lay them back at his feet to show our love back to Him. I have never really though of it that way. And then tonight the team did a chapel service at the rescue mission and during the worship I asked some of the women to dance. One of the ladies thanked me for dancing with me, she said she had allot of fun and that when she came in she ached all over her body, but after we danced, she felt no pain..I was like..wwhhaaaa..yess...Praise God!! He is so good...it;s cool because I have been dancing allot more lately, I have always loved it, but lately I have really been getting into it and kinda feel like it is a gift from God. And this experience shows me that maybe it is an anointing that God is going to use to bless people and bring back lost sheep to Him...exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment